Friday, September 08, 2006

Long time, no see...

Yes I know, it has been a long time since I have put anything up on here...but this time I do have a good excuse. I was in hospital for 4 weeks with 2 rounds of major surgery but I will explain that soon. First of all lets talk WORLD CHAMPION!!
Jess and I competed in the World All Styles World Championships on the 1st and 2nd of July on the Gold Coast. This is a competition where all different styles of martial arts compete against each other. Jess did an amazing job to win the continuous sparring division making her WORLD CHAMPION! I was very proud of her. She took on girls twice her height and double her weight without batting an eye and won. The photo below is her with her trophy and with Shihan Stacey who is the chief assistant instructor for GKR.

As for me, I was struggling with a sore back (although it turned out to be so much more than that) but managed to make the finals for the sparring only to come 2nd. I was really disappointed with my results but considering what I go through in the next few weeks I did OK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home