Tuesday, March 21, 2006

NAS - Round 1

March 12th found Jessica and I competing at the first round of NAS for the year. For those of you who don't know...NAS stands for National All Styles and is a tournament for all types of Martial Arts including Karate, Kung fu, Tae Kwon Do just to name a few. Round One was held on the Gold Coast at Carrara Stadium and turned out to be a bit bigger than usual with approx 200 competitors. Jess competed in Continuous Sparring (1st), Point Sparring (2nd) and Individual Kata(3rd). SHe was happy to come home with her 3 trophies especially after tying for 3rd in Kata and winning the kata off. In a big division of over 20 competitors she held her nerve and got great results.

I entered Open Black Belt Kumite (sparring), Veterens Individual Kata and kumite. I know what you are thinking....VETERENS?? Rochelle isn't old enough to be a veteren!! Well, I agree but once you hit the ripe old age of 35 you are considered over the hill and are sent to the old people's division :) Anyway....I was happy with my efforts coming away with a 2nd place in Individual Kumite.